Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's About Time

I imagine it’s a beautiful sunny day, where we are sitting outside a cozy café, sipping on a delicious beverage of choice. In hand, a temperate cup of peppermint hot chocolate slightly frothy. Cupping my mug with both hands, cuddled up on a patio chair, we sit down and commence our introductions. Like old friends apprehended by time and distance, we begin the interludes of our recent endeavors with much anticipation.

Born and raised in Southern California, I embarked on my young adult journey at 19 when I packed my ’84 Toyota Corolla and drove to Seattle, Washington.  Shortly after arriving, I started at Northwest University in Kirkland, Washington.  Finished school in 2002 and walked in 2003 with a degree in Biblical Literature; armed with an enormous amount of knowledge, zeal and lack of experience. Truth be told, I wasn’t ready to enter full time ministry: what does full time ministry look like, what does it entail, am I cut out for this and many other thoughts plagued my mind. 

Waiting out the thoughts, I volunteered in all the ministries I was passionate about: prayer, music, children, youth, young adults, senior adults, special people.  Making my way to Phoenix, Arizona, I charted in new waters as I took a job at Phoenix First Assembly.

Starting off as an assistant in the senior adult and special people ministry, recruited to help launch the capital campaign that resulted in a transfer of departments where I quickly became acquainted with HR/Risk Management/Insurance/Business Administration. During my time in this department, I also gained additional knowledge in assisting dual executive staff. Now fast forward to the last three years, I spent my days in the youth and young adult ministry, and my friend, this is where I currently reside.

You ask, “why this blog…why now?” Great question and so glad you asked! If I’ve learned anything these last five years, I’ve learned that it’s never too late to start something you love, to try something new and you only fail when you refuse to try.

There are many things I do well and many things I love to do, hence this blog. I am passionate about helping others grow closer in their walk with God, provide opportunity for self-discovery and to be your biggest cheerleader. 

This blog is uniquely designed to be the intimate conversations you have with your sister, your best friend. My prayer is that you will be encouraged, challenged, edified and find a safe place to learn and grow. So grab your favorite beverage, curl up on your most comfy piece of furniture and enjoy the brief interludes of our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment